Les 16:03 14 Mar 04

I have just bought a Q-tec USB2 Card and, when I had fitted it, and then started the computer, it did, as it should, find the card and asked for the disk. Disk used, it asked for Windows 98e disk, then it downloaded a USB file from there. I was then informed that the everything had been installed - but then went into another round of new hardware found - the same hardware! I cancelled that, went into Device Manager and found that the driver was installed - no yellow question marks.

On using the USB2 to down load from a digital camera - I found that it was downloading at 1.1. speed - the camera is a Sony DCRTRV 22 - clearly, the camera either doesn't work with USB 2 or the card simply is not working properly.

Any idea why the machine should ask for the driver to be loaded again - when Device Manager clearly says that it is and it's working properly. Fortunately, the card cost only £12 from a Computer Market - so, if it is c--p then I haven't thrown too much away!

bvw in bristol 16:15 14 Mar 04

If the card use the Via VT6202 chipset, I've found them unreliable.

Look for a card that uses the NEC chipset, no problem with those.

Belkin F5U219 are excellent.

Les 16:30 14 Mar 04

It said Vtec when loading the driver.

I'll just chalk it up to experience and buy elsewhere when ready.

Thanks for answering.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…