//some 3rd party need geo

usb1 and 2

Les 19:28 10 Mar 04

This may sound like a silly question but here goes.

Would I be correct in saying that there is no difference in the cable and its connectors for USB1 and that for USB2.

Would a USB1 flash pen be Ok in a USB2 socket.

The reason for asking is that I have just bought a very nice Sony DCRTRV22 Camcorder and, although it does download via usb1 you can see that some frames get missed - not many true - but some. I also have a Sony Digital camera, that is connected by usb1 - a scanner ditto. They of course could still be attached to usb1 for speed is of no importance really. Nevertheless, would they work with usb1 - I seem to remember that someone said that this is so.

Les

spanneress 20:29 10 Mar 04

USB2 ports are backward compatible for USB1 peripherals. But if you plug USB1 hardware into a USB2 port it will not work at the faster speed..also the other way round, USB2 items plugged into a USB1 port will not work at the optimum speed.

None of my lap tops have USB2 ports yet most of the hardware is USB2 and plugged into a USB2 hub and it is error free. Your PC should inform you when you plug the item in by way of a warning.

HTH

Les 22:54 10 Mar 04

Thanks - that is what I thought

Les

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…