USB won't shutdown

PA28 14:02 13 Oct 04

Power off in XP is normal except that Card Reader attached to 4 port hub stays illuminated. 20 seconds after computer has powered down, the hub (which is powered through the USB) lights up again and stays lit up. Any ideas?

(Athlon 3200 on Gigabyte mobo, XP with SP2)

Sethhaniel 14:16 13 Oct 04

is to switch power off at wall ;)

My bedroom is like a christmas tree lit up at night when everything is supposedly switched 'Off'
USb keyboard caps LOCK Light - Monitor Standby Light - UPS lights - Tv & Video lights

And I wonder why i don't sleep at nights ;)

Diodorus Siculus 14:18 13 Oct 04

Maybe something to do with new PCs - mine is now three years old and any USB peripheral plugged in powers off with the machine - card readers, keyboard and thumb drive...

Sethhaniel 14:38 13 Oct 04

When I went on holiday recently I switched everything off even the UPS -and pulled the plug
- I arrived home late - put plug back in socket so as to get my Digi alarm clock on - and everything else sprang into life - so had to wait for computer (Fujitsu-Siemens bought this year) to fully boot up before closing it down - good job I have a surge protector on or the computer could be waking me at all times of the night because of a power glitch ;)

PA28 14:56 13 Oct 04

Funny thing is that the front panel USBs (Trust add on panel, powered by a fly lead from the PSU but connected to a normal USB port round the back) powers down normally and switches the lights out as it goes to bed........

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…