usb wireless networking device not recognised by w

fouzi 23:19 21 Aug 03

i would be grateful if someone can help solve this problem.i purchased a usb wireless networking device.,which i installed properly and it works fine when it does.however when i shut down the computes and reboot them again it just fails to recognise the devices after many attempts i have to uninstall usb hub root and then when it does reboot it installs the device againtogather with the usb ports and that too not every time.i am using winxp pro.and the device i am using for networking is wireless lan usb adapter IEEE 802.11b from getnet.please help.

Forum Editor 23:50 21 Aug 03

that the adapter came with a software CD, and that you have installed the driver that was on it?

The symptom you describe leads me to think that this problem is driver-related. I could be wrong, but I suggest that you remove the adapter in Control panel/system/hardware/devce manager.

Disconnect the adapter and reboot the computer. Now install the software that came with the adapter, and then plug it in.

fitshase 01:06 22 Aug 03

I would tend to agree with FE. I have a wireless card that came with a CD. On the CD cover, the words "Insert this disc FIRST".

If I let XP detect the card before putting the CD in then it doesn't install it correctly.

Regards

Fitshase

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…