usb on windows me freezing

butch 06:57 14 May 04

Can anyone help, after working fine my printer stopped working. A new driver from hp made no difference and now the system will only boot if the usb option in the bios is turned off. If it is enabled the start up process freezes and it seems the usb driver or something is incorrect. can anyone tell me how to correct the prob without reinstalling ME.

Thanks

Diodorus Siculus 07:59 14 May 04

Can you leave the usb enabled in the bios but with nothing plugged into it? If so, try that and then start windows. When started, you can try to install the printer.

butch 21:27 14 May 04

Nope, if the usb option is enabled in the bios it will freeze on the opening windows ME screen whether or not anything is connected to the usb ports. The annoying thing is it all used to work. It seems as if the usb driver for windows is either corrupt or missing.

Keithwindows ME

Diodorus Siculus 00:28 15 May 04

Can you remove the USB drivers from the device manager and reboot? It may well reinstall the drivers for you.

butch 07:18 17 May 04

Success, the miniport driver option in the bios setup was set to W98 not VIA as required . This allows the USB port to be recognised. Thanks to all for suggestions

Keith

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now