USB WIFI adapter problems for a singe pc

theDarkness 20:26 19 Oct 06

I have bought a MayFlash USB adapter for a wireless device (surprise!) which needs to connect to the internet. I cannot get it to connect! The device has a 'Station MAC address' number which shows up in the pcs wifi program when it tries to connect ('excellent' signal) which is surely a good sign!
I have set the device to 'auto ip' and auto DNS (?). My ip entered manually does not work, and its not static anyway.

I have tried switching my firewall (zonealarm suite) off completely, but that
doesnt help either... does anyone know what the problem could be or if there are any options in XP i would need to change?

OK, I might as well tell the truth- the device is a Nintendo DS! :D for those long bus journeys, lol.
The main problems:
1.the game tells me it cant find an IP and I need to also check 'dhcp' settings (?)
2.in my wifi 'accept' addresses do I need anything other than the MAC address thats listed on my DS?
3.do I need a bridge adapter (one of the settings on my Wifi?)
4. in my ds settings, there is a blank space for a Nintendo connection ID?

No one in any gaming forum seems to know,
and the ds and psp wifi boards are piled up with users unable to connect. Windows XP comes up with 'cannot set up the network- use the software you were provided' and the basic wifi program with around three sentences worth of instruction was all that I got with the usb wifi. I am running a single pc, -no router- always connected to the net using standard broadband!

anyone?! surely it cant b that difficult! lol :D

theDarkness 22:43 19 Oct 06

UPDATE!
Ive tried the guide here at setting up
click here
click here

Now my Wifi says 'connected'(!?), strength 'excellent', but is now connecting at 11Mbps?
The DS still says 'cannot find wifi adapter' and I still dont know how to get a Nintendo connection ID?
With the last web link above, the wifi does not have "Allow other network users to connect through this computer's Internet connection"
in its control panels advanced options, so im stuck there.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…