usb webcam and mic

campal 17:01 05 Dec 07

i cannot get the 2 to work together, either one or the other works but not together , HELP

Technotiger 17:07 05 Dec 07

click here

As I said earlier - we need rather more information!

Technotiger 17:24 05 Dec 07

There could be a simple explanation for your problem, but nobody can help you unless you tell us more about your set-up.

If you download and run this free program click here you will then be able to tell us details regarding your Motherboard and whether you have a Sound card etc. What OS? is XP or Visa or what? What make webcam/mic ? We would have something to go on then.

campal 18:15 05 Dec 07

Mainboard : Unspecified SiS-741
Chipset : SiS 741GX
Processor : AMD Sempron @ 1200 MHz
Physical Memory : 512 MB (2 x 256 DDR-SDRAM )
Video Card : Nvidia Corp GeForce FX 5200 [NV34.3]
Hard Disk : SAMSUNG (80 GB)
DVD-Rom Drive : HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4167B
Monitor Type : Chuntex Electronic - 16 inches
Network Card : 3COM Corp, Networking Division 3C905C-TX Fast Etherlink for PC Management NIC
Operating System : Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition 5.01.2600 Service Pack 2
DirectX : Version 9.0c (March 2006)

Technotiger 18:27 05 Dec 07

Hmm, so it would appear that your Sound is on-board (on the motherboard) rather than via a Sound card.

What make webcam do you have and what mic? I can see the webcam is USB of course, but what about the mic?

Which usb slots are you using when you try both items together - front slots or on the back of PC?

Is your mic (pink) mini-plug rather than usb?

All questions so far I know, but we are now getting somewhere :-)

campal 18:47 05 Dec 07

my cam is usb plugged into the back , my mic, headset is plugged into a usb sound card with pink and green plugs in the front usb port

campal 18:48 05 Dec 07

they are both non branded

Technotiger 19:18 05 Dec 07

OK - very often the Front usb ports are not actually connected to the motherboard - are you sure that your Front ones are connected? In other words, do any USB items work when plugged into the Front ports?

Technotiger 19:21 05 Dec 07

You should also have Pink and Green mini sockets on the rear of the PC - have you tried your headset plugged in at the rear (not USB).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced