USB WebCam Bandwidth problem

iscanut2 19:30 29 Jun 06

When testing my WebCam in Windows Instan Messenger, I get the following message : " USB Controller Bandwidth exceeded. The controller does not have enough bandwidth available for the Logitech USB camera ". I get no image at all. I have the web cam inserted into a USB port on the PC ( USB2 ) and all other 3 ports are in use plus a USB hub with a further 3 ports in use. I have tried the web cam in the PC USB port with the devices on the hub disabled ( hub disconnected ) and have tried Webcam in other ports but to no avail. The strange thing is that it used to work with an older version of Messenger and seems to work at present with the latest version of Skype ! Any ideas ?

Stuartli 19:49 29 Jun 06

Have you checked your USB devices setting in the Bios?

If you have a motherboard of recent times you should be able to select up to eight USB ports.

iscanut2 10:40 30 Jun 06

Thanks for response. Bios is OK and everything worked OK prior to switching to the new Messenger. I shall uninstall Messenger and put the old version back on.

iscanut2 19:01 30 Jun 06

Bought a new High Speed USB hub today which delivers full bandwidth to each port rather than share it. The Webcam now works fine !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…