USB Web Cam Driver XP

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 30 Dec 12
Answered

I have been given a Sumvision 5mp Web cam but cant get XP to install drivers

Sumvision site says no driver required but I can't get it installed and working

All help appreciated

Chronos the 2nd 30 Dec 12

Something that may or may not work but I am assuming you have probably tried this. Plugging it into another USB port.

Yes doesn't matter which port I plug it into, XP recognises it s a USB web cam, starts the hardware wizard but fails to install as it cannot find a driver.

Chronos the 2nd 30 Dec 12

I know this is for Windows 7 but none of my PC's have XP any more so I cannot check it's relevance to that OS. This.

Ben through Installing new hardware - show all devices searched the lot for something that lloks like a webcam driver but no luck.

Nontek 30 Dec 12
Answer

Is the webcam recognised by Skype, or similar, in Tools>Options>Video Settings?

Don't have skype installed. in fact that was the reason the web cam was obtained as my wfe wishes to try skype va PC and TV.

OK sorted it

Used device manager Hardware identity No. searched for drivers using the Hd ID No.

found one for a sonix camera that appears to work.

Nontek 30 Dec 12

Great, thanks for your feedback.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message