USB and USB2 plugs

nhojnhoj 10:45 05 Nov 03

I tried to plug my digi camera in to my new pc last night.

i used one of the USB slots on the front and nothing happened, although it seemed to plug in OK.

So I moved it to a USB on the back of the pc and it worked.

i THINK my pc has USB and USB2 slots on it. Is it possible i`ve plugged a USB plug into a USB2 socket? or does it not work like that?

Diodorus Siculus 10:52 05 Nov 03

Sounds more as if the front USB port is not connected. Does it work for anything else?

If you plug a USB1.1 device into a USB 2 plug, it should still work, only at USB1.1 speeds.

Nades 12:43 05 Nov 03

Do you have drivers for the motherboard try re-installing them if you do. You should be able to select the usb drivers off a disk. Alternatively go to device manager and check if the usb ports are installed properly. They will have a yellow ! next to them.If you have a disk of drivers stick it in and double click the yellow !. There should be a tab that says drivers, click it and then click reinstall driver and chose the i have a disk option it should find and install!!!!!!

nhojnhoj 13:37 05 Nov 03

thank you, i`ll try that

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…