usb-usb network bridge driver installation problem

dimercaprol 10:11 08 Jun 05

System: Centrino 1.4, 256 MB, Win XP professional.
I have a gm-tek usb network cable which I previously used for file and internet sharing between my desktop and laptop. The laptop has a wireless adaptor to access the net, the desktop has no connection of its own but used to access the net via the usb cable attached to the laptop. However, due to problems with crashes and disk space, I had to uninstall a lot of software including the Usb network bridge driver. When I reinstalled it, it no longer came up on the list of network connections (it used to before). Uninstalling and reinstalling repeatedly have had no effect - it just does not show up in the list. The installation program seems to be ok - I used it to do a fresh install on a new desktop without problems. Presumably, the registry is somehow preventing this network connection from appearing in the list. Interestingly, I can share files between the computers even without the connection showing up, but the internet does not work on the desktop anymore. Has anyone experienced this sort of thing? Many thanks in anticipation.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…