USB to USB direct link cable installation

Beardy2 16:30 04 Feb 03

I have just purchased and installed a USB to USB Link Adaptor and using PC-Linq I am unable to get the Local Machine to display the resources of the Remote Machine and get the following error message " The remote connection doesn't exist. Open the remote machine window anyway ".
What am I doing wrong and can anyone please assit me in correcting the error.

I have already checked that the USB port on the local machine is not disabled. I have also tried to install the connection cable manually on the local machine, but the hardware installation wizard does not recognise the drivers as supplied on the installation disk - I have also copied the drivers onto the Hard drive, again they are not recognised.

The cable is however recognised on the remote machine.

anchor 17:06 04 Feb 03

You don`t say which Windows version you are using, or which version of the PC-Linq drivers.

The latest for PC-Linq is version 1.6, which is Win-XP compatable. This is available from:

click here

or

click here

You should uninstall the existing drivers first.

A friend had problems with a Sony laptop, which have not been resolved. I had none with my Toshiba notebook, nor with a couple of PC`s.

Beardy2 17:16 04 Feb 03

I am using WIN98SE, PC-Linq V 1.6 and the latest device drivers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…