USB to USB 2.0 upgrade how to do?

Jimer 10:10 20 Feb 05

Morning all ... if you are awake yet.

I have a MESH XP1600+ which i bought about 3 years a go.
It came with x4 USB points and x1Firewire.
I want to use USB 2.0 can you please help in telling me how to install USB 2.0.

I have a spare PCI Card Slot is this how i do it?
Will this work?
Is there any easier way?

Thank you in advance - have a nice day! ;)

Sapins 10:31 20 Feb 05

Hi, buy a USB 2.0 upgrade kit, I bought a Trust one which gives you 2 ports at the back of the case and 3 at the front, you slot it into a spare PCI card slot. You need a free 3.5" bay or failing that you can get a cage adapter to use a 5.25" bay.

Very easy to fit, excellent manual and drivers cd.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sapins.

goonerbill © ® 10:40 20 Feb 05

yes, just get a USB2 pci upgrade card and put into your spare pci slot or you could get something like Sapins has.

Jimer 10:42 20 Feb 05

Thanks for that
i nearly bought a normal card but now i know i need an upgrade i will go search for that.
Price has gone from £6 to £40+ o well only money!

Cheers!!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:42 20 Feb 05

Easiest way is to add a PCI USB2 card like
click here

XP will have its own drivers but older systems will need drivers so if running win 89se for example make sure you buy a card that comes with a driver disk. Approx £15 for a card nowadays

Jimer 10:46 20 Feb 05

Can i get any USB2.0 card to fit into my spare PCI slot or do i need an upgrade?
I have XP and have normal USB at the moment.

freaky 12:25 20 Feb 05

Any USB2 PCIA Card will fit into your spare PCI slot as they are all a standard size.

If you do buy a Card, then get one that has the most USB2 ports, this will save you having to buy a hub later, especially if you buy more USB2 Hardware.

I find the Belkin cards from PcWorld are very good, well made and trouble free.

Totally-braindead 14:14 20 Feb 05

As the others have said Belkin is excellent but there are cheaper alternatives out there Belkni £18.68 click here others £8.17 click here or click here

Totally-braindead 14:17 20 Feb 05

Or some others click here or from my favourite Novatech click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…