usb upgrade

yorkieman 01:39 14 Feb 04

hi, can anyone please help. i would like to upgrade my usb1 to usb2.i have seen a usb port pci card on sale in argos and on e-bay but i dont have a clue how to fit it. i know how to fix it to the back of the computer but how doe's it connect to the board? is there a lead i have to get? also is there a site that will show me how to do it. i am useing wind 98se, hope someone can help me (in laymans terms please)

Gaz 25 01:58 14 Feb 04

1. Lid off PC

2. Earth your self on a radiator or something to get rid of static.

3. Remove a plate from one of the back slots, the one of which you are fitting it in, it will be a white PCI slot, at the bottom left.

4. Slot the crad in carefully but firmly.

5. Boot up.

6. Install Drivers for 98Se, yuo may also need the USB patch for Win 98 to allow it to use USB 2.0 devices.

Gaz 25 01:59 14 Feb 04

4. Slot the card in carefully but firmly.

Sorry about that.

Hope these help.

yorkieman 02:25 14 Feb 04

thanks gaz, i have two white pci slots bottom left one is where the phone line is connected, the other has nothing connected to it. it has one socket at the back havent a clue what its for so it should be alright to take out

yorkieman 02:29 14 Feb 04

sorry gaz where will i get the patch from ? is it on the windows web site

JIM 02:31 14 Feb 04

this link was supplied by one of our members the other night,cover all you need to know and more. Well worth bookmarking to you fav.

Gaz 25 instructions and the photos will get you there.

click here

yorkieman 02:37 14 Feb 04

thanks jim. excellent site ideal for the novice many thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…