Dellman 12:46 28 Feb 06

I'm thinking bout getting a TV Card for PC for viewing and recording purposes. I hear that USB is easier route to go. Ideally, I would want one with its own aerial.

What could I pick up with such set-up? Analogue and Digital TV?

Any recommendations/views?

  Graham ® 12:52 28 Feb 06

Analogue TV is being phased out.

Digital, eg. Freeview, would need an external aerial connection, either to an existing aerial or to its own. For coverage, click here.

Or you could connect to the output of a set top box, eg. Sky. This would normally be in mono sound.

  Graham ® 12:55 28 Feb 06
  Dellman 12:55 28 Feb 06

I've seen one for that comes with an aerial that, I guess just sits on your PC desk.

Is this any good?

Or would it need to be attached to the external roof aerial?

  vinnyT 13:00 28 Feb 06

If you buy a dvb-t card/box then, providing the digital signal is strong in your area, you will be able to pickup Freeview channals. Although these cards/boxes often come with their own (small) aerials, you could use any indoor/outdoor aerial, as the connections are the same. Maybe one of the signal booster aerials from argos would work better, it all depends on your area.

The terratec Cinergy 2400i DT was given 4 1/2 stars out of 5 in another mag recently. Although this is a card (you would have to open your pc to install it), it does have the benefit of dual dvb-t tuners, so you could watch on freeview (digital) prog whilst recording another. Just read the review, you will need a motherboard with a pci-express x1 slot for this card. Also, no mention of bundled aerial. £70

Hope this helps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5