USB TURNTABLE - Vinyl to CDs

the-george 22:00 14 Sep 06

This isn't a gripe or a cry for help- just the opposite. I have just bought a NUMARK ION TTUSB so that I can transfer my old vinyl records to CDs and make my own compilations. I've tried other methods but not had a great deal of success but this is THE ANSWER. It came packaged with Audacity which was quick to pick up on.

Only downside is that it needs a PC with a bit of processing power. I tried it on a 750Mhz Pc but although it would play ok (so the TT was ok) it skipped when recording. On a 1Ghz PC it would recored fine in mono but skipped when using stereo. On a 1.7Ghz it records brilliantly in stereo.

It also has the ability to channel an external source such as a cassette player through to the PC to transfer old tapes.
Hope this isnof interest to somebody.

Diodorus Siculus 22:04 14 Sep 06

I don't know the product but I am a big fan of Audacity - well worth a look for all your recording purposes

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…