USB storage Stick - Are some better than others ?

Giggle n' Bits 23:12 14 Dec 04

Thinking of getting one of them small USB storage sticks either 128MB or 512MB, been looking at the Crucial ones and others at other sites.

Thing is, are they all just as good as each other or are some better than others ? Don't want anything fancy just to be able to get me work off one machine and transfer to other. But I do want one.

Belatucadrus 23:19 14 Dec 04

click here I've only got a 32Mb version, but the PQI Intelligent stick is a great piece of kit. click here for the 512.

smudge101 23:26 14 Dec 04

Personally I don't think there is much too choose between them all, especially with the use you say it will get.

The only thing I wish I had considered before getting mine is the physical size as some machines have front USB ports that prevent you using a wide stick. Having said that some of them come with extention cables.

Muckle 23:28 14 Dec 04

They are all fairly similar, but I bought one with a bulky moulded plastic case and it wouldn't fit the front usb slots of the Dell PC. I sent it back in exchange for a slimmer variety!

TomJerry 23:28 14 Dec 04

some nice and some ugly, some fast and some slow. I have two 256mb usb1 stick from differnet maker, one is slower than another. But I throw away all usb1 versions. You will not be too wrong if you get usb2 version.

512mb version is the best value for money, maybe pay slightly more for reliability, but do no buy in high street if you do not mind shop on net with store like ebuyer.com, dabs.com, valuemedia.co.uk etc etc.

Muckle 23:28 14 Dec 04

snap!

smudge101 23:35 14 Dec 04

Useful things though aren't they!?

Muckle 23:36 14 Dec 04

I couldn't manage without it!

Giggle n' Bits 23:41 14 Dec 04

This looks the job, will order one.

Also if we don't speak again I wish you Merry Christmas ! And anyone else who may think they know me.

Giggle n' Bits 23:43 14 Dec 04

seemed my reply got delayed a bit.

SEASHANTY 15:06 15 Dec 04

I purchased one from SVP Communications
click here
a few weeks ago. The model they sent for £33-98 inc vat is not the one illustrated. It is packaged as USB2 High Speed Flash Disk "MY FLASH" It is rectangular in shape measuring just 2" x 5/8" x 3/8" and comes with a USB extension cable. This 512MB usb disk is far smaller than the 128MB flash disk I purchased from Microdirect about a year ago and its smaller than a pocket disk - it will fit in my wallet. Excellent product.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…