USB storage device

768 09:33 15 Aug 03

I have a Pocki drive which is a USB storage device. It works fine on my computer running Windows ME, as soon as I plug it in to the USB port it is connected. The problem is that when I connect it to the USB port of my other computer which is running on Windows 98 I get the message that it is looking for a driver which I am unable to find. Is it possible to update the USB drivers on the 98 system so that I can transfer data between the two computers?. I am not very UP on computer knowledge
Thank for any help
Jack

swanson2 10:05 15 Aug 03

You should have got a driver disk with your Pockey USB external drive.

Use that to install the necessary drivers for Win 98.

If you have lost your drivers disk' download the drivers from the manufacturers web site.

768 12:37 16 Aug 03

Thanks for your reply Swanson 2, but there is no driver on the CD that came with the PockiDrive as it is supposed to install by just plugging it into the Computer, which it does on my machine which runs Windows ME. It also installs on my grandsons computer running on Windows XP as I have been able to transfer files to that machine. It is only on Windows 98 that I cannot use it but it is supposed to be OK for anything above Windows95. the handbook does not even give the name of the maker. I guess the supplier (Serif) could give me the name of the supplier
Anyway thanks again.
Jack

spuds 13:01 16 Aug 03

I think that you may have to do a little leg work with Serif. As they are the suppliers and not the manufacturers, they tend to have a spares supply problem.Recently, I purchased a 'problem' Digi camera from them.On arrival the camera was minus the correct instruction booklet, and discharged batteries. It took a number of fax/phone calls to various departments, with the result that 3 different type instruction booklets were sent out via email. No replacement for batteries as they "do not stock them".But they did suggest that I sent the camera back for a full refund, if I wasn't happy with it.

SEASHANTY 16:52 16 Aug 03

I have two of these USB pocket drives (or pen drives) as they are sometimes called. They are different makes and both came with a CD-rom disc
containing drivers for Windows 98. It stated on the box that Whilst later systems would work okay a Windows 98 operating system required drivers installing. Contact whereever you purchased it and ask them for the driver CD-rom.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…