Usb stick or PCI card

bapiow 11:37 28 Mar 06

Thinking of going for one of these for my PC From Novatech.

HAUPPAUGE WinTV-HVR 1100 PCI/PCI analog+digital tv card
Or
HAUPPAUGE HVR900 USB 2.0 Watch Freeview DVB-T or analogue TV

Which one is better, USB stick or a PCI card.

Diemmess 13:35 28 Mar 06

I didn't believe what I saw in your question until I fed the titles into Google.

It seems you want to compare similar Hauppage TV cards where WinTV-HVR is a PCI connection.

HVR900 is a tiny device which is external to the PC and connects with a plug into a USB(2)port.

The first which is conventional costs about 2/3 of the USB version.

Having used neither I can't recommend one over the other.

Based on older devices, unless portability is a big factor, if you only need it for a static PC, then stay with the tried tested (and cheaper) PCI card.

dms05 14:06 28 Mar 06

Totally agree with Diemmess. Don't forget you'll need a decent aerial as well, unless you are in a very strong signal area.

Additionally you can buy lots of similar products from lots of manufacturers with USB devices as low as £25+VAT click here

Fingees 14:57 28 Mar 06

My only point is, if you live in a good signal area, and can receive digital.

There is no reason to spend extra to receive analogue TV, which happens in a lot of cases.

I for one bought a combined pci card for digi & Analogue, at about £70.

I could have bought same brand digital only for £40.

Just a point.

All the best.

Stuartli 15:03 28 Mar 06

The external Freecom USB Freeview "stick" costs between £38 and £45 depending on outlet.

Stuartli 15:06 28 Mar 06

If you have, or ever intend to get a laptop, the external version enables you to watch TV in most areas whilst on your travels.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…