//some 3rd party need geo

USB stick not showing up ??

Ikelos 18:13 10 May 06

hi, had my grandaughter on the phone, she has a usb stick which, according to her, they use to do their homework, she has plugged it into the laptop, win98, and it does not show, she wants to transfer her work from a floppy disk, can someone give me a few pointers she can look at as to why it is not working, thanks, the stick itself worked at school today..

thanks

Totally-braindead 18:14 10 May 06

I think Win 98 needs a driver which will be on a CD you get with the drive.

Ikelos 18:23 10 May 06

just rung her, and she says it had no cd with it.

thanks

curtis8345 18:26 10 May 06

does she have internet on her laptop, if so tell her to go on windows update and download drivers.
Sorry if this seems to much.

curtis8345 18:31 10 May 06

not sure if drivers can be download from windows 98 on windows update

Marsh Warden © ™ 18:35 10 May 06

If all else fails I have a w98 driver that came with my USB stick that I can email to you, although of course it's not guaranteed to work.

woodchip 18:51 10 May 06

She needs to got to the Manufacturers Site to see if they supply Win98se drivers. You will not get it to work without

Ikelos 19:14 10 May 06

hi again, it appears that it is a mikomi stick, and we can not find a website, her next move seems to be to try to find someone else with a pc, her school friends live miles away, she has only got dial up, but thanks for all the help.

woodchip 19:26 10 May 06

Have you had a look in hear to see if you can find anything click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:43 10 May 06

USBstor is a generic driver for USB pen drives try click here you need to register but its free.

Driver is quite small and should download easily on dial up.

Ikelos 19:43 10 May 06

thanks, but can not get the link to work.....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…