Usb Splitter?

Shortstop 14:45 03 May 06

I wish to connect a printer to 2 PCs. Have tried to use a Network without success, so is there such a thing as a [1xUSB male D to 2xusb female D] adaptor so that I don't need to keep pluging & unpluging each PC?

TIA

Paul

terryf 14:51 03 May 06

click here or google for 1xUSB male D to 2xusb female D

Shortstop 14:59 03 May 06

I realise that I am not all that bright, but searching on Google seems to kick up a load of sites offering standard USB leads, USB hubs or female/fema adaptors and not what I am looking for. Neither can I find it on 7 Day shop.com

Paul

Gongoozler 15:03 03 May 06

I don't think a simple 1 x male to 2 x female USB adapter would work, but this Belkin 4 x 1 USB peripheral switch looks like it's made for the job click here

Totally-braindead 15:05 03 May 06

One here but expensive due to the lack of signal loss I suppose click here Better to buy a cheap USB hub from 7day shop and use that.

Gongoozler 15:07 03 May 06

This is the 2 x 1 version click here

Shortstop 15:11 03 May 06

Hi Totally-braindead & Gongoozler,

Totally-braindead - USB hub won't work [need 2 PCs connected to 1 printer; hub would connect additional peripherals to a single PC]

Gongoozler - perfect! order placed!

BR

Paul

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…