USB Soundcard for Music Keyboard + laptop

The Potter 23:13 17 Dec 10

Situation: have just purchased the M-Audio ProKeys Sono 88 electric keyboard.

Plan: buy new laptop to dedicate to it - software for recording it and other instruments etc

HELP! We've been playing around with this stuff for years (keyboards, instruments, computers et al) and I so know we need a darn good soundcard to get the best sound. I learned tonight (how far behind am I?) that you can now get usb souncards. So PLEASE can someone point me in the right direction? We plan to budget for an average laptop to dedicate to this and have a budget of some £100 for the souncard.

You guys are the best in the world for IT stuff and I humbly seek you opinions on this matter now please!

TP

NB: in case it's relevant ...... prob £300ish on a laptop. Have Cubase 5 but never got to grips with it (sound probs!) so maybe change or maybe new comp and sc will cure all!

Dragon_Heart 00:43 18 Dec 10

It's 24 bit with 96 kHz for about £135 ish

or

Creative Professional E-MU 0202 again 24 bit but
192 kHz

Terry Brown 10:23 18 Dec 10

My onboard sound card failed in january this year and I purchased a USB sound card from click here
It gives true stereo sound and have a good output volume.

It may be what you need and the price is reasonable.
Terry

Big L 266 10:27 18 Dec 10

Hello.

The website from the link below will show you all pro external soundcards and is a UK-based company.

click here

I hope it helps.

Big L 266

The Potter 18:09 18 Dec 10

That is excellent - thank you all very much indeed!

TP

bjh 18:38 18 Dec 10

The one below is cheap as chips, but gives pretty good audio - I have it hooked up to my Pioneer sound system, and I wouldn't complain about the sound quality. However, I certainly wouldn't call it a "pro" system!!! It might be worth a go at that price.

Ebuyer link
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…