usb sound card help please??

betho2 12:26 18 Nov 09

i have been trying for so long to use virtual dj on my laptop but have only just discovered that i need an additional usb so tat i can hear my headphones seperatly, is this correct? i can only hear from main speakers or headphones, but not split to both which makes dj mixing nigh on impossible!! any ideas or suggestions would be a great help! thanks

crosstrainer 12:35 18 Nov 09

Something here may well help:

click here

betho2 12:37 18 Nov 09

well the link did help, i just wonder do you know i my aim can be acheived without purchasing a usb?

Kevscar1 12:54 18 Nov 09

Won't help you. I can do it on my desktop because it has external speakers and I can set it up to treat all inputs and outputs as seperate or have headphones override soeaker.
Using wifes laptop at the moment and you cannot do it because the speakers are onboard. Headphones are Steelseries USB with built in soundcard and as soon as I plug them in they override the speakers.

betho2 12:58 18 Nov 09

maybe i shoud buy special headphones for use of laptop? wih built in usb? prices??

Kevscar1 13:30 18 Nov 09

it,s not the headphones, it the laptop because they are onboard speakers you cannot choose to have sound playing through either or both. Once you plug in headphones either jack or USB they automatically override the speakers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac