USB Sockets

Pine Man 14:06 18 Feb 05
Answered

I have a ECS motherboard (L4S8A2)which has 4 USB sockets which are accessed from the rear of the computer. Also on the motherboard is a connector to connect the motherboard to front USB sockets but I don't have any. It has been suggested to me that you can buy USB sockets that fit in a vacant floppy drive slot and then connect to the motherboard.

I don't want a USB hub as a lot of devices will not work unless plugged into an original socket. All I want are some USB sockets on the front of my computer.

Any ideas out there?

TomJerry 14:11 18 Feb 05

some even got audio I/O and memmory card reader, I will help to dig out out

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:20 18 Feb 05

You can buy a USB header to fit in one of the rear slots, comes with a plug to fit o the motherboard. click here

ECS K7S5A board have never got it to work off the motherboard header

Now have it plugged to a header on a PCI USB2 board and works ok

Different boards have the header wired differently click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:24 18 Feb 05
  TomJerry 14:53 18 Feb 05
Answer

Aerocool CoolPanel Port Replicator inc. 8 in 1 Card Reader / Writer (Black) £29 click here

Epox Easy Bay Deluxe 5.25 inch I/O panel £21 click here

Ebuyer USB 2.0 2Ports PCI Card + 3 Ports 3.5" Front Bay £11.99 click here

Ebuyer one is good

asrobs 12:59 22 Sep 11

IS THERE A PROGRAMME TO IDENTIFY WHICH SOCKET YOU ARE PLUGGED INTO, SINCE I HAVE 5 STANDARD SOCKETS AND ONE USB2???

birdface 13:04 22 Sep 11

No use opening a 6 year old thread.

Open up a new thread with your problem and you are more likely to get the support that you need.

Woolwell 14:42 22 Sep 11

USB Info - 15 days trial should tell you all you need to know plus the device manager will tell you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…