USB Sockets

Pine Man 14:06 18 Feb 05
Answered

I have a ECS motherboard (L4S8A2)which has 4 USB sockets which are accessed from the rear of the computer. Also on the motherboard is a connector to connect the motherboard to front USB sockets but I don't have any. It has been suggested to me that you can buy USB sockets that fit in a vacant floppy drive slot and then connect to the motherboard.

I don't want a USB hub as a lot of devices will not work unless plugged into an original socket. All I want are some USB sockets on the front of my computer.

Any ideas out there?

TomJerry 14:11 18 Feb 05

some even got audio I/O and memmory card reader, I will help to dig out out

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:20 18 Feb 05

You can buy a USB header to fit in one of the rear slots, comes with a plug to fit o the motherboard. click here

ECS K7S5A board have never got it to work off the motherboard header

Now have it plugged to a header on a PCI USB2 board and works ok

Different boards have the header wired differently click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:24 18 Feb 05
  TomJerry 14:53 18 Feb 05
Answer

Aerocool CoolPanel Port Replicator inc. 8 in 1 Card Reader / Writer (Black) £29 click here

Epox Easy Bay Deluxe 5.25 inch I/O panel £21 click here

Ebuyer USB 2.0 2Ports PCI Card + 3 Ports 3.5" Front Bay £11.99 click here

Ebuyer one is good

asrobs 12:59 22 Sep 11

IS THERE A PROGRAMME TO IDENTIFY WHICH SOCKET YOU ARE PLUGGED INTO, SINCE I HAVE 5 STANDARD SOCKETS AND ONE USB2???

birdface 13:04 22 Sep 11

No use opening a 6 year old thread.

Open up a new thread with your problem and you are more likely to get the support that you need.

Woolwell 14:42 22 Sep 11

USB Info - 15 days trial should tell you all you need to know plus the device manager will tell you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Acer Predator Triton 700 review

D&AD Awards 2017: see the best design, advertising, illustration, animation and VR of the past year

How to lose weight with an Apple Watch