USB socket wiring

Laser157 12:11 14 Sep 04

I have rebuilt my system in a new housing (Aopen H600). My Mobo only has 2 rear USB1 ports plus two on an internal header. I also have Qtec 541U USB2 card which has 2 rear ports and a 3-port front bay connected to a header on the card.

The new case has 2 front USB ports, but I do not want to use the Mobo header for these as I use it for 2 extra rear ports. I would rather use the case's front ports with the USB2 card instead of the Qtec bay. I can use two of the three connectors on the Qtec lead for this, and it seems the front ports work OK like this. However on the Qtec bay there seem to be a diode and resistor in each of the outlet circuits. Does anyone know if these are important features which I would be missing out with my set-up? I wondered if they might be current limiting circuits in which case I will revert to the proper Qtec set-up.

Thanks for any help with this.

Laser157 22:35 14 Sep 04

No responses on this, so I'll bump it for the night owls!

I decided to play safe for now and use the Q-tec bay.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…