USB security

gengiscant 16:17 09 May 10

Looking for recommendations for securing a usb drive, an accountant who uses the drives for transporting his clients accounts around has finally realized that securing the drives might make good business sense.
So I am looking for,either a free or paid for application to either encrypt the whole drive or the folders on it.Simplicity is an absolute must here. With this guy turning on a PC is a technological breakthrough.(perhaps a tad over the top, but hopefully you get my drift)simplicity simplicity.
Thanks Folks.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:34 09 May 10

True Crypt click here

encrypt all data on the USB drive (Don't ever forget the password)

Zak 16:35 09 May 10

Open-source software - free and well thought of and widely used:

click here

Strawballs 16:36 09 May 10

That's worrying how does he manage with accountancy software. Most USB sticks come with built in password protection.

rawprawn 16:52 09 May 10

click here not free, but used by many large accountancy companies for security.

Woolwell 19:53 09 May 10

"Most USB sticks come with built in password protection." Don't think that is the case. Mine don't have built in protection.

gengiscant 09:48 10 May 10

Thanks folks. I think it is simpler to buy a USB drive which has the ability to encrypt built in to it.

LANDCRUISER 14:29 10 May 10

hi there i saw on QVC the shopping channel they were just the thing you looking for it encrypt & you had to put in a password to enter you external hard drive app £100 have a look on there web site QVC .com uk,hope this will help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…