usb to scart

annimated 21:08 05 Sep 07

hi have a scart freeveiw reciever can i get a usb to scart cable so that i can use this device on the pc thanks for any advice regards kevin

Devil Fish 21:15 05 Sep 07

click here

though i would look into it further before purchasing

Devil Fish 21:17 05 Sep 07

ignore above link

annimated 21:18 05 Sep 07

yes saw that not to sure need hands on advice thanks for your time sir

Devil Fish 21:21 05 Sep 07

you may need to look at tv cards for your purpose my apologies for the the above have just got in from a leaving drink

annimated 21:22 05 Sep 07

good eve i hope botoms up

holme 22:01 05 Sep 07

Expanding on Devil Fish's suggestion, most internal and some external TV cards will have a supplementary 'AUX' S-video IN and audio socket(s) (usually a 3.5mm stereo jack plug).

The card can be either internal (PCI) or the external plug-in type (USB 'stick'), but do check the latter does have the 'AUX' sockets.

You can connect the SCART output of the Freeeview receiver, via an adaptor into which you plug the S-video lead and stereo audio cable (which must have phono/RCA plugs). The other ends go into the TV card/stick.

The SCART adaptor must be the signal OUT variant, or switched IN/OUT, and you must configure the Freeview box's video out to S-video format.

If the Freeview box will not output S-video (not all do), it will have to be done another way, in which case please come back to us for more detail. Same if you need any assistance finding cables and the SCART adaptor. HTH.

Devil Fish 22:06 05 Sep 07

should have laid off the sambuka but they forced me

joking aside though this may be of interest i cant recommend because i have not used it

click here

Technotiger 22:24 05 Sep 07

You need one of these ... click here

I have one attached to my PC, in my experience it is excellent, though it did take a few attempts to find the best actual position for it on my desk. The supplied aerial is pretty useless though, unless you are next-door to a TV Transmitter! Mine is 'fed' via my rooftop aerial.

I also have a Hauppauge PCI TV Card, which I now hardly ever use.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…