usb scanner problem

scrappy 17:05 30 Apr 03

i have a usb scanner a for some reason i cannot scan anything.The unit is physically ok and i get an error message stating 'error code 79 source manager cannot be found'.Have i got a system file missing.The scanner came with a pc package therefore there was driver disc and windows uses the default one.I have run system file checker which resulted in no errors.When using Kodak imaging the scan and scan preview buttons are greyed out.Can anyone suggest anthing other than getting a new one.My os is Windows 98 SE

Mad Boy 17:13 30 Apr 03

try this, Start>settings>control panel>system.

Find the scanner and double click, is the driver file ok? If not pop your scanner disk in and try & load a new driver from the cd. If it finds a new driver opposed to the current one try that out. Now scan see if it works. Otherwise it may be a hardware problem, see if the cables are connected properly.

Regards

scrappy 17:37 30 Apr 03

Thanks for reply but i cannot load a scanner driver as i stated previously as there is no scanner driver disc on its own as it did not come with one.The scanner uses the supplied driver on the Windows 98 SE disc.I have re-installed the scanner but still receive the -error code 79- message.

Mad Boy 17:46 30 Apr 03

Sorry mis-read, have you tried going onto the scanner manufacturer homepage and see if they have any drivers/patches etc for download?

scrappy 09:03 01 May 03

Thanks Mad Boy for reply.I think there is a communication problem somewhere between my scanner and PC.When i try and use Kodak imaging under the File Menu drop down list 'select scanner' and 'scan preview' are greyed out suggesting a missing link which i having difficulty to resolve.Also,my graphic program does not appear to find a scanner hence the error code 79 -cannot find source manager....which i think is the missing link.I have re-installed my scanner and everything was ok when Windows loaded up.No hardware conflict, System File Checker found nothing also.I do think my scanner is broke.Where on the Windows 98SE disk do i find the scanner driver file and Kodak imaging or would i have to re-install Windows again.Any further help would be appreciated.

anchor 09:08 01 May 03

What is the make of the scanner?. Have a look underneath, perhaps there is some info there. You may be able to find specific drivers for it on the web.

scrappy 08:41 02 May 03

Thanks Anchor...managed to find Primax Scanner from Drivers.com but it did not work as the setup cancelled due to a corrupted file.Sorry for delay in replying.May have to buy a new one if all else fails.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…