usb root hub hell (usb 1.1 / win 98)

peachykeen 11:59 20 May 03

Hello

I wonder if anyone can help me, I have recently installed an usb 1.1 card (sd-pciusb-220201) from st labs, and the root hub drives are refusing to work. I have successfully installed both the usb divers (intel 82371ab/eb pci to usb. And opti 82c861 pci to usb open host) but both the usb root hubs fail to work. Should there be two drivers such as this. I have scored the net and this site for information regarding this, but so far nothing seems to work, it was suggested that I should change my bios settings, but I have no idea how to access that information. I’m very much in the novice camp (which I guess is self evident), and any information or help would be greatly appreciated, my operating system is windows 98.

Thanks in advance

Chris

Paranoid Android 13:25 20 May 03

You could try updating your motherboard drivers.

Marvin

peachykeen 14:42 20 May 03

how do i update my motherboard drivers and where do you locate them (and what are ther names) is it just a question of going into system and entering there properties menus

Cheers

Chris

jeez 14:51 20 May 03

click here this will tell you what mobo u have, then visit the manufacturers website and download the latest chipset drivers for your board.

peachykeen 15:12 20 May 03

cheers jeez

i have done what you suggested and brought up the systems profile, the bus adaptors on the list are by intel and opti(i belived these were the drivers and they seem to be working fine). However the usb root hub (which appears to be causing the problem) just comes under 'other drivers' and they have no manufatures insignoa, are they just unrecognised subsiderarys of the bus apaptors. Sorry if this is dense, and thanks for your understanding and help

Chris

Diemmess 16:36 20 May 03

I am thinking of a different approach

Running Win98SE, the installation of USB 1 is part of the final setup and is already there.

What I still have to do though, is to load the USB drivers for each and every gadget that uses USB. Unless I load its drivers the printer will not work.

When I wanted USB 2 then I had to add a USB2-PCI card and then the existing drivers for those that had already been installed for USB1 were able to "re-adjust"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…