usb root hub

sweet4chocs 00:37 23 Mar 03

need help urgently windows 98 usb root hub

Since plugging in belkin 4 port hub into pc(which I have now discarded)have lost use of usb root hub-in device driver view there's black exclamation in yellow circle next to 2 usb root hub my usb mouse + usb network adaptor wont work, have taken out and refreshed usb root hub+drivers removed/re extracted usb drivers from win98se cd to no avail also checked ntkern.vxd device loaders are in the system folder have been at it 2 days now still no usb funtioning.
thank you in advance of advice.
Julia Jewels

davidg_richmond 01:56 23 Mar 03

old belkin hubs have had problems with some systems, drivers are available if you still want to use it, but no doubt you won't want to risk messing Windows up again! click here

click here=

click here=

i can only suggest physically removing all usb devices before removing the root hub driver in device manager. then reboot, and windows should reinstall the drivers automatically. reboot again to ensure these are loaded properly and check in device manager.

sweet4chocs 13:59 25 Mar 03

Thanks davidg for reply,
I've already done all that you suggested and still got yellow spot with black exclamation! In the end I reinstalled o/s have the usb root hubs back also extended hub is now working perfectly.
Julia

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…