usb recognition problems

jake2 20:11 25 Oct 04

Hello all, Whenever I connect my camera to the pc I get an instruction to "safely remove hardware" in the task bar. The software used to start automaticaly when the camera was connected, not any more. Software works fine when started manualy. Camera appears in "cameras & scanners"
I have removed & re-installed software numerous times and contacted supplier no luck. This has been like this for months now as I just work round it, any ideas what it may be?
(xp sp2, olympus mju300)
Thanks in advance.

JimButler 21:05 31 Jan 05

... For anyone else who may help you. I have a USB pen which has been usable ( recognised by system ) on several machines. I recently plugged into an XP Pro machine. The New Hardware Wizard ran looking for drivers ( should not be required save for Win98 Systems ). Is this likely a USB issue with this machine and, if so, what may be a possible resolution here ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…