USB to PS/2 keyboard conecction

Digital 21:02 PM 17 Nov 11

I run W7. My old keyboard had a PS/2 (mini-DIN)connector. My new keyboard has a USB connector but I've run out of USB sockets so I tried using a USB to PS/2 converter to utilise the old PS/2 socket but the system doesn't see the keyboard at all. Anyone know why not?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:40 PM 17 Nov 11

is ps2 port enabled in BIOS?

BRYNIT 21:47 PM 17 Nov 11

Did the USB to PS/2 converter come with the keyboard, if not are you using the correct one designed for a keyboards.

I have found some USB keyboards do not always work via a USB to PS/2 converter.

Quickbeam 07:29 AM 18 Nov 11

Use a USB hub

spuds 09:15 AM 18 Nov 11

If you have a Poundland or Pound World in your area, buy a 4 port USB hub from them, and give that a try.

Alternatively, if you have a slot available on the motherboard, you could add another USB device card.

I have found that some USB/PS2 connectors can be a hit and miss affair.

Digital 16:27 PM 18 Nov 11
  1. Yes, Fruit Bat, it is but thanks for suggesting it.

2. No, Brynit, I bought the converter after asking for one for this purpose.Might query that!

3. Quickbeam & spuds. Thanks for that, a hub was my next plan but I'd no idea you could buy them from those shops, must investigate!

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites