USB to PS/2 adapter

Jayeff 21:30 21 Aug 04

I have a wireless keyboard/mouse set whose transmitter has only a USB plug. I have recently bought a KVM box so that I could operate my old computer with the wireless set and my new monitor. Unfortunately, the KVM box takes only PS/2 plugs, so I am stuck. I have been told (in Maplin's) that it is not possible to adapt the USB plug to PS/2, but I find this hard to believe, since it is quite possible to adapt PS/2 plugs to work through a USB socket. Any ideas?

Newuser38 21:41 21 Aug 04

I have a Logitech wireless mouse given to me last Xmas as a present from my son. Its transmitter has a USB connection and came with a ps2/ usb adapter so that it can be used with either USB or PS2. I use it with my KVM. I am afraid there is not detail of where you can get one from on the adapter. If your mouse/keyboard are Logitech I suggest you contact them. Also a look via Google might help.

I had exactly the same problem, but try as I might I could not obtain an adapter, I too was informed it was only possible (PS/2 to USB)

Newuser38 22:12 21 Aug 04

This click here is maybe the answer. try the Belkin UK site direct as well.

woodchip 22:24 21 Aug 04

I have looked all over the Net but cannot find what you want, I know the adapter as I have one that I got with a USB keyboard from Maplin the adapter is a Green female USB socket to Mail PS2 plug

Newuser38 22:26 21 Aug 04

Woodchip's description fits my adapter exactly.

Jayeff 14:46 22 Aug 04

Thanks for your advice,folks, but it doesn't really solve my problem. I already have used the green adapter which converts a single USB plug to a single PS/2 plug, e.g. for a wireless mouse or keyboard. My problem is to convert a single USB plug to a pair of PS/2 plugs. I have an adapter which allows PS/2 mouse and keyboard to operate through a single USB but cannot find one which will do the opposite.

Djohn 15:41 22 Aug 04

I think you will have a problem finding what you want mainly because under normal circumstances there would be no call for such an adaptor, the other way round, yes.

I have a spare green USB to PS2 adaptor that is labelled USB-Mouse, so I suppose there is a difference for the keyboard one otherwise they would not have put the Mouse Icon on the end of the adaptor.

If it is of any use to you, let me know and I'll post it on. j.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…