USB problems with W2K

Donny Brasco 15:07 22 Oct 03

Strange one, I have a jetway 615TCF motherboard and a 4 MB 128 bit AGP card, i've loaded the logitech software no problem and loaded the camera drivers no problem, everythings fine until i open the program with the usb camera connected to the usb port. the PC reboots with no errors or warning. i've taken everything out of the pci slots and am left with the agp card sharing the usb in irq 11. it's also a 400w psu. so dunno what the problem might be...

jimv7 15:29 22 Oct 03

Have you installed the service packs for win2k from microsoft which includes usb patches.

jimv7 15:31 22 Oct 03
  Donny Brasco 15:49 22 Oct 03

i presume the usb fixes are rolled into this??
Also if i load 98se theres no problems....

Donny Brasco 21:32 22 Oct 03

in W2K as it seems i'm not the only one with webcam trouble on W2K

rowdy 21:40 22 Oct 03

I had a similar problem with my logitech camera and USB 1. This camera is resource greedy and would not share a Hub. My tower has two usb ports and if I plug the camera into one of these and the hub into the other everything is ok. The explanation I was given is that the hub shares it's 12Mb bandwidth across its ports but the tower allows the full 12Mb to be used by the camera.

Hope this helps.

Donny Brasco 08:16 23 Oct 03

Thanks rowdy this gives me a direction at least, sorry to sound dumb but did you buy a usb hub to plug into the second port??? and would disabling one of the ports also prevent this as all resources would be available to the one port??

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…