USB Problems (BAD)

blbob 08:17 31 Dec 05

Hi,
I built a computer it has an ASUS motherboard, Pentium 4, 768 RAM, Windows XP Pro SP2 and 10 USB ports. They all worked fine for a year. I got an Iriver H10 MP3 Player for Christmas. Put a lot of music on it, diconected it, and went to print and couldn't so I checked all my USB ports and they are all dead. I went to the Device Manager and they are all "Working Prperly" however anything I plug in it dosen't recognize it. Help Please!
Thanx,
Blbob

jack 08:26 31 Dec 05

How are the ports on the machine all on the Mobo or Mobo +PCI card or both of these +Hub[s}?

The point is that if you have as many devices plugged in aand working, you are pulling a lot of extra power from PSU.
You may have killed that section.
I suggest you unplug everything and try one item only plugged in, if it works then another until it all dies, then you will know you have reached the limit for that particular set up.

blbob 08:29 31 Dec 05

They are all on the Mobo and the most I have ever had plugged in at a time is 2. My MP3 and my printer.

Diemmess 09:52 31 Dec 05

In my narrow world I can't visualise "10 USB ports" all as part of the mobo.
One way to check would be to fit a (preferably)borrowed PCI-USB card and see if that works?

Though the computer claims eveything is working, it may not see a blown power circuit on the mobo/USB hardware.

blbob 10:11 31 Dec 05

Well technically they aren't all on the mobo but they are conected to it. If it is a blown power circuit can I fix it or would I have to buy a new mobo.

jack 10:49 31 Dec 05

"Well technically they aren't all on the mobo but they are conected to it."
This is what I am begining to suspect
Explain precisely the layout
How many are part of the MoBo that is build in as supplied.
How many 'Hubs'?
Is part of the complement a PCI card.

Pidder 11:02 31 Dec 05

? System restore?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:22 31 Dec 05

I went to the Device Manager and they are all "Working Prperly"

1st. uninstall everything under USB in device manager and then scan for hardware chnges let XP reinstall all the USB equipment and recheck.

2nd If still no good reboot and check the BIOS that USB is enabled.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…