usb problems

chippy+ 19:37 27 Aug 09

hi when my daughter plugs in her usb pen drive into any usb sockets she gets a message not reconized but when she unplugs the printer usb all sockets work plug in the printer again and the pen drives dont work i have tried uninstalling all usb in device manager and reinstalling but it did not work .when i plug the printer in it takes the letter of the pen drive it dissables ? Chippy

sil_ver 19:42 27 Aug 09

I wonder if this could be a power problem. I suppose it's possible your printer is too much of a drain on what is a very low power supply. If this is so then perhaps you should consider a powered USB hub

chippy+ 20:07 27 Aug 09

hi sil_ver
thanks for the reply the printer was working with the pen drive connected it was just this morning when she pluged in the pen drive the problem appeared thanks again Chippy

Technotiger 20:47 27 Aug 09

Leave the printer plugged in as normal, but Switch it off.

woodchip 22:10 27 Aug 09

If too much power is taken from a USB port they shut down. There is a limit on what you can put on them, also if you use a USB Hub make sure it as its own Power Supply

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…