USB Problems

Alex-188000 17:06 04 Jan 06

HI i got a PSP recentlet and as many of you who have bought one know, that when you connect it to your PC, the memory card shows on on my computer. Well mine dosnt. It asks for a driver for the PSP. Now i know it isnt my PSP as it works on other computer so this means its my computer. Would something be stopping it? I have recentley had problems wi computer, hard drive is packing up (i have over 50,000 bad sectors which cant be replaced by scan disk) and it keeps overheating and shutting down ( now solved using a cooler pad i bought). Please does anyone have any ideas whys its asking for a driver??

I have asked on the PSP forums website and they dont have a clue as its nothing to do with the PSP.

Thanks in advancee

Skyver 17:10 04 Jan 06

What version of Windows are you using, and excuse my ignorance regarding the PSP but how does it connect to the PC - via USB?

Alex-188000 17:16 04 Jan 06

Hi im using windows XP, hence the question why? XP dosnt need drivers for memory cards. It connect via a usb cable supplied. You go onto a setting on your PSP that lets your computer access the memory card directley, hence the reason for no driver. Ive tried using the driver for win98 but that wudnt work as my computer recognised it was win98 and refused to use it. Any other ideas??

Teaboy 17:25 04 Jan 06

Anyone know if it is safe to plug a SP2 external hub to a SP1 socket?

Many thanks.

Skyver 17:25 04 Jan 06

Does your PC work fine with other USB devices? Do you run the devices from a powered hub or straight off the machine?

Teaboy 17:26 04 Jan 06

Sorry Eskimo-I boobed.

Skyver 17:26 04 Jan 06

You will get more help starting a new thread for your question, also clarify what you mean by SP1/SP2 - USB? Windows version?

Alex-188000 17:27 04 Jan 06

My mouse (usb) works fine and that is plugged into a hub which is plugged into a usb on my laptop. Ive plugged my PSP into different other USB sockets but it still dosnt work.

Alex-188000 17:29 04 Jan 06

It asks to search a driver for a flash disk
that cant be right!!! Flash disks are plug and play and dont need a driver at all. Whats going on with my laptop?? WHy is it asking for drivers?

Skyver 17:33 04 Jan 06

Maybe the laptop's USB drivers need re-installing, as you say XP shouldn't need drivers for such devices.

Alex-188000 17:34 04 Jan 06

Ive tried plugging my usb flash pen into other sockets and it still asks for a driver on each of them. Tomething wrong with windows then as it seems to ask for drivers for any type of USB storage device or memory card. ANy one ideas as i have a idea to wipe my hard drive and start again!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…