USB Problems

Bill2000 20:16 14 Oct 05

I am running Windows 98Se on one of my computers. I have 'lost' the USB connection to my memory sticks. (Sandisk and Sony). When I plug either of them in, Winodws does not recognise the drives. I have tried re-instaaling the drivers and sometimes they will work but then the CD drive disappears. If I restart the machine, the CD drive will re-appear but the memory stick the can't be found. The computer was working fine and was able to read both sticks but this problem just suddenly appeared. I know it's not a virus, the computer is not connected to the internet or a network. I have tried removing the USB drivers for the memory sticks and re-installing them but this made no difference.
Any help would be appreciate.
Bill

MAJ 20:54 14 Oct 05

Have you tried the memory sticks in a different USB port or are you using the same port all the time, Bill2000?

Bill2000 19:26 15 Oct 05

Yes, I've tried the Memory sticks in both of the USB port on the problem computer.
Bill

Stuartli 20:19 15 Oct 05

Try reinstalling the motherboard drivers.

woodchip 20:59 15 Oct 05

Have you tried Restore

Totally-braindead 21:13 15 Oct 05

Its Windows 98 Woodchip, there is no restore. I also would try reinstalling the motherboard drivers first and see if that does anything.

woodchip 21:21 15 Oct 05

Try removing USB from Device Manager. click the + to expand and start from bottom of USB list and remove all then restart computer. It may ask for the odd driver

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…