usb problem

aboutit 15:03 06 Sep 09

I have tried to connect my external drive via USB and now i get the message not recognised malfunction. I have tried it in my laptop and no problem. Tried unplugging computer and restarting. checked device driver and it shows unknown usb but no yellow cross. When i checked it says no driver installed. C/System32/drivers/Klflt device system kaspersky labs can anyone help

howard64 16:28 06 Sep 09

try control panel - administrive tools - computer management - storage - removable storage and see if you set it up. Also check in hardware - device manager - that there are no yellow marks.

woodchip 16:39 06 Sep 09

in device manager uninstall any yellow icons then restart pc

aboutit 18:20 06 Sep 09

as i said i have already checked device manager and it shows unknown hub kaspoersky no yellow marks

woodchip 20:18 06 Sep 09

remove it

chub_tor 20:33 06 Sep 09

Couple of things I don't understand.

Kaspersky has nothing on their website about USB hubs or devices.

Klflt doesn't seem to be recognised anywhere significant in Google, especially not as a dll driver.

I should do as Woodchip says and go to Device Manager and remove all references to USB, unplug any devices that you have connected to USB ports and reboot.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:20 07 Sep 09

click here USB device viewer

will show all usb devices best to delete the device your having problems with do a reboot and let windows find and reinstall, this should solve your problem

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…