usb prob

briskem1 13:52 27 Mar 07

when i plug in a new usb2 connection i get a 4 tone sound not like the ding dong i get with other usb devices that work! can anyone explain what is wrong thanks in advance

Totally-braindead 14:39 27 Mar 07

Could you explain what you mean? I know what you mean about the sounds but you mention plugging in a new usb 2.0 connection and what do you mean by that? Is it another USB card you have installed or is is it one particular item you plug in or is it an item makes a different sound when you plug it into a hub or what?

Totally-braindead 14:39 27 Mar 07

And does the item work anyway?

briskem1 15:04 27 Mar 07

what i mean is ,i have a usb2 video adapter so i can convert pal video to dvd but when i plug it in windows does not recognise it ..

Totally-braindead 16:49 27 Mar 07

Did you get any software with it, like a driver disk? Could you provide the name and model of the unit so we can have a look at it?

Since its not working I can only assume the reason for the different sounds is that it is windows telling you that it can't install it for whatever reason.

I'm sure if you post with the make and model of this item someone will help.

briskem1 17:32 27 Mar 07

software is Easycap(capture) it runs Ulead video version 8 and as a footnote unable to install driver also and because product was bought through a 3rd party even though new ulead will not help

Totally-braindead 17:38 27 Mar 07

I presume Ulead just create the software and have nothing to do with the hardware. If the software is bundled with the capture device then no you won't get support but if you can find what company distributes the actual capture unit you may get a driver from there. I assume you are on XP and it is actually XP compatible?

Is there instructions? Some devices need the software installed before you connect up.

briskem1 18:01 27 Mar 07

i installed software first ..but when i managed to find driver file all it had in it was uninstall icon the hardware only says Easycap ..on the disc it says model number DC60 now to compound the prob i also have pinnacle video creator and the hardware [usb] is also not recognised and yes i have xp.. both systems are xp compatible.

Totally-braindead 18:04 27 Mar 07

Is it one of these you have?
click here

Totally-braindead 18:07 27 Mar 07

If it is I found the website click here

Totally-braindead 18:10 27 Mar 07

And the websites no use at all, no driver downloads for that drive, no manual either. Only suggestion I have is contact them and see if they can help.
The driver must be on the disk somewhere its finding it that will be the problem, its not working because the driver isn't loaded once you find the driver and install it it should be ok.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now