USB power

Gerro 13:40 27 Dec 05

Hi All,
Just purchased a wireless rechargable mouse & keyboard. When the
pc powers down the USB outlets power down as well , hence the mouse won't
recharge overnight.How can the USB's be left active with the pc shut down
for the night? I've tried to hibernate but this doesn't work.
I've a Soltek SL-NV 400-64 motherboard and in the manual there is a mention
of HDD Power Down.

Many thanks.

Freddog™ 13:46 27 Dec 05

Is there not a mains adapter that come's with it?

Gerro 14:22 27 Dec 05

It didn't come with a mains adaptor, it's USB only.

woodchip 14:29 27 Dec 05

then you have had it, only way is leave system box powered on

Carbonara 14:35 27 Dec 05

Can't see a problem, the mouse/keyboard are going to draw power/charge while the PC is on. If they didn't work while the PC is ON that would be different.

Gerro 14:39 27 Dec 05

Can't see a problem, the mouse/keyboard are going to draw power/charge while the PC is on. If they didn't work while the PC is ON that would be different.

The big problem is that the mouse has a docking station for recharge. When the mouse is being used it can't charge as it needs to be in the station.

woodchip 14:42 27 Dec 05

My docking station as\it's own mains adapter. Cannot se the point of it without as what good is it if you are using the PC it cannot charge the mouse

Carbonara 14:45 27 Dec 05

Have to agree with woodchip, it does seem to be ludicrous that it has no mains adapter.

Gerro 14:46 27 Dec 05

You're right. I may take it back and buy a unit with a mains adapter.Running the pc just to charge the mouse is crazy.
Thanks for you replies.

Carbonara 14:52 27 Dec 05

My "can't see a problem" reply is, on reflection, pretty stupid! How the hell are cordless products going to recharge via a wireless connection?

Does the keyboard contain rechargeable batteries and do they have to be recharged? does the mouse contain rechargeable batteries? Can you not just use a battery charher to top them up?

woodchip 14:52 27 Dec 05

Remember that if the Keyboard is also Wireless then the Adapter should be plugged into the Keyboard so you can put the mouse on the Keyboard mouse cradle. otherwise you would need two adapters

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…