Usb ports take ages to get recognised

Nonnyriley 20:11 11 Mar 03

Then don't even install. Please help. My specs are in my other posts. Windows 98, k7s5a pro mobo, 256mb ddr, 1800+ xp.

All that happens when I plug in a usb joystick for example is, After about a minute It says "new hardware found, unknown" then the screen goes. And nothing gets installed. Please help!

recap 20:24 11 Mar 03

Some peripherals are not recognised by XP Nonnyriley. Check the manufatures site for the latest driver for your device. It may even be your USB drivers.

Nonnyriley 20:31 11 Mar 03

Thanks for the reply recap but I said the processor is an: athlon xp 1800+.

Operating system: windows 98

recap 20:35 11 Mar 03

Sorry I did misread your specs. I would still check the USB properties though Nonnyriley. Look in Control Panel/System/Device Manager/USB serial bus controller. Sorry if that is teaching you to suck eggs.

The Ghost of Inept Pig 20:52 11 Mar 03

Is this the front or the rear USB ports?

I only ask because on a PC I put together recently I had the same error come up when I had connected the front USB ports to the motherboard (a K7S5A) incorrectly...

Nonnyriley 21:11 11 Mar 03

It's the rear integrated usb ports.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…