USB ports stopped working Toshiba Satellite P200 HELP!

leonibrooks 18:46 PM 25 Jul 11

Have re-installed windows xp onto my laptop along with the drivers - a toshiba satellite p200

everything working fine, restart laptop to get the new drivers to kick in and usb ports not working when laptop turnt back on

Am recieving this error message in the computer management next to USB ROOT HUB with a cheery little yellow exclamation mark

*Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)*

For the life of me cannot figure out what driver is connected to this. Have spent 3 hours exhausting google :(

Have reinstalled chipset what ever the hell that is and no change?!

Please can some genius shed some light onto this issue as I'm about to go mental

and please please don't mistake me for a computer expert (clear from this post I'm not!) Im a mere 20 something girl who is extremly out of her depth and have a University deadline looming so any help put in the simplest terms will be AMAZING! :)

MANY MANY MANY THANKS

Leoni

Ventad 19:39 PM 25 Jul 11

You could try right clicking the offending item going into properties, deleting the driver and rebooting.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:48 PM 25 Jul 11

everything working fine, restart laptop to get the new drivers to kick in and usb ports not working when laptop turnt back on

Start - Settings - Control Panel - System - Hardware tab - Device manager - Right Click on the affected USB root hub - Properties - Driver tab - Rollback driver

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Sony Xperia Z5 launch live: Sony Xperia Z5 live video stream from IFA 2015 - watch…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

DxO One 'pro' camera attachment for the iPhone: UK pricing & availability

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites