USB Ports not working

qbclaassen 10:40 27 Oct 03

I have a Dell Laptop running Windows XP Home, and the USB ports do not work no matter what I do. I have reinstalled drivers but this does not help. In the device manager the USB ports are there and it says device is working properly but if I plug a uSB device in nothing happens.

Any advice????

Lozzy 10:49 27 Oct 03

Have you tried AFC /scan now?? or you may need to re install windows but has the laptop been dropped opened or anything else done to it prior to the USB ports ceasing to work.

qbc 10:56 27 Oct 03

The computer has never been opened, droppped or anything like that. The ports just stopped working for no reason. How does AFC/scan now work????

scotty 11:38 27 Oct 03

USB ports have data lines and can also supply power to a device. Does the device you are using draw power from the USB port? If so, try connecting a device which has its own power supply to determine if the fault is on the data or power lines.

qbc 12:16 27 Oct 03

No matter what device is connected there is no response from the ports. I've connected scanners, cameras, usb mouse, usb hubs, usb memeory sticks. Nothing works.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…