usb ports

chippy+ 19:01 13 May 09

hi switched on my pc to use my pen drive i inserted the pen drive and got a message one of the devicies connected to your pc has malfuctioned and cannot be reconized i tried the pen in all usb ports 6 back 2 front and got the same message i have also tried my printer, external drive and still the same message uninstalled all the usbs restarted but it is still not working can anyone help

bluto1 19:59 13 May 09

It might be worth trying you pen drive in another computer. That way you'd know whether or not it's the pen drive at fault.

chippy+ 20:34 13 May 09

hi bluto1

i have tried my pen drive,printer and ex drive in another pc all work ok also tried a restore point
i have an acronis backup but as no usb are woring i cant use it thanks chippy

lotvic 22:57 13 May 09

Have you tried switching pc off, and off switch at back of tower, and pulling mains plug out and then hold in the power switch on the tower for at least 30 seconds.
To discharge build up of static.

Read this on another thread on here and the usb's were fixed and Ext drives, printer etc were recognised when pc was switched back on.

chippy+ 16:19 14 May 09

hi lotvic tried as you said rebooted pc nothing on screen unable to boot opened up pc refitted memory refitted graphics card reseated processor everything working looks like processor movement thanks Chippy

lotvic 17:13 14 May 09

Bet that had you worried.... :P

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…