//some 3rd party need geo

USB Port Problems

leco1938 11:13 06 Dec 04

Have recently installed a new PCI USB card. It installed fine, but everytime the computer starts up it asks for new drivers to be installed when they are already on the pc. Reinstalling the drivers doesnt work, just adds more drivers when they are already there.

Gongoozler 11:25 06 Dec 04

What computer and what version of Windows?

leco1938 12:02 06 Dec 04

Windows 98 SE, Celeron 500MHz.

Spanglish 12:54 06 Dec 04

This is from a PC Techie :- "This item or any Mass storage device, will not work under the following operating systems: Win 95/98/98 OSR2/OSR2.1/98SE, because these operating systems do not support USB mass storage devices as standard. There are no official drivers for them."

leco1938 13:12 06 Dec 04

The drivers came with it were for 98SE.

Gongoozler 13:59 06 Dec 04

leco1938, you're right, it should work properly with the correct drivers, and your motherboard is unlikely to have any USB issues, whereas some early VIA chipset based motherboards did. I think you need to uninstall all references to the card in device manager and uninstall any drivers you can find in Add/Remove Programs. Have a look at the card makers website to see if there are updated drivers. You may also find useful information on the Usbman website click here

leco1938 11:38 09 Dec 04

there is no prob in using new pci.board-usb ports, its the annoying problem of when windows has booted up a box appears saying "has found new usb hardware" and then prompts me to allow windows to load more drivers. i ignore this and click cancel..... all ports are working fine.... just want to stop windows trying to load more drivers... how?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:57 09 Dec 04

Have a look here

USB2
click here

or

USBMAN
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…