USB port how to enable

porridge 21:28 15 Mar 04

The reasons why would take too long to describe so, suffice to say that I have two USB rear ports and one front one. The front one was disabled by an expert helping me and that left only the two rear ones. I recently bought an HP mouse with no ball and a USB plug. My printer is also USB connected and when I want to use my scanner I have to disconnect the printer and connect the scanner up.

Result? I can no longer use the copying routine using my HP scanner since when the scanner is connected the printer is not.

Can anyone help and tell me how to enable the front port again please.

I have XP Pro on a NEC Direction SM 900 with 384 memory.

I hope some techie can help. Many thanks in anticipation..

Porridge

some techie 22:04 15 Mar 04

If disabled rather than disconnected, you should be able to reinable it in device manager.
Hope this helps.

sil_ver 22:14 15 Mar 04

It's possible you may need to buy a powered hub as the mobo supply may not be giving enough power to run everything

woodchip 22:14 15 Mar 04

Yes all he as done is removed the internal plugs for the ports but you need to know which plugs and the correct connection for the plugs also look for number one pin near the port pins this normally is the red wire

porridge 13:32 16 Mar 04

Many thanks for your advice. I shall try all suggestions.

Porridge.

Cesar 10:30 17 Mar 04

Why not buy a USB 2.0 Powered Hub they are cheap enough they are backwards compatible with USB 1.0 and ready for any upgrades to USB 2.0.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…