USB plug and play printer not recognised by Window

KateM 23:50 05 Oct 04

I am trying to install a new Epson printer. This is a USB connection only but although all my USB connections are working the printer is not recognised as plug and play for the installation wizard. It does know that the printer is there as I sometimes get a message telling me that although the device supports fast usb connection it will only perform at normal rate as the computer does not have the faster usb connection.
I have tried to installl the printer manually but Windows doesn't like the installation disk driver and I get a termination message with no explanation before the printer is installed.
I tried to install the correct driver from the Epson web-site but before it was installed Windows sent a message saying the file was invalid.
Can anyone help?

Cook2 00:43 06 Oct 04

Turn the printer off.

Go to Start - Control Panel - Printer & Faxes.

Right click on your Printer Icon and Delete.

Use your Installation Disc and at some point you should be told to switch the printer on.

This should finish the installation.

KateM 09:20 06 Oct 04

Have done all the above but with no success. There is no priinter icon to delete as it has never been installed.

OwenLotts 09:26 06 Oct 04

"Windows doesn't like the installation disk driver" - which means what exactly?

Unplug the printer from the USB and switch it off.

Reboot the PC.

Insert the Epson CD and run the installer on the CD (it should auto run) plug the printer in when prompted and switch it on. Windows should then recognise it.

If this doesn't work please be more precise as to what does / doesn't happen.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…