//some 3rd party need geo

USB Pen/Flash Drives

BLUELEN 22:04 25 Jun 04

I'm thinking of buying one of these drives. Can anyone advise on the reliability/stability of them and which are the best to go for. Thanks

Sans le Sou 22:28 25 Jun 04

There are many to choose from this is only 1 example click here

Night Ryder 22:33 25 Jun 04

I'v been using a "Freecom" USB stick and have found them to be very reliable.

Sans le Sou 22:34 25 Jun 04

click here click here click here
Heres a few more

Charence 23:13 25 Jun 04

I've found them very good to use for transporting large files. Most PCs will support them except Win98 ones, the solution to this would be to have a driver with you at all times (ie, on floppy disc or on web server) when using other computers. Data read/write speeds are also quite fast and are very stable, you can leave them plugged in for an entire day without problems (own experience). If you get one maybe get 512MB max. Sometimes you do have to format them when the information gets corrupted but that only happens if you remove device incorrectly. The best idea would be to keep a backup of information on memory stick as there is a chance of data being corrupted.

Charence

Forum Editor 23:18 25 Jun 04

daily for working on clients' machines and networks. In my opinion they're one of the best little devices that money can buy. I can slip a couple of them into a shirt pocket and carry all my working files around with me.

I've tried several makes, but my current favourites are 512Mb models made by Seitec.

beeuuem 23:18 25 Jun 04

Or from Crucial click here
Keen prices and excellent service.

Belatucadrus 23:40 25 Jun 04

I'm using a PQI intelligent stick from eBuyer, I only got the 32MB to see if it was any good. I now wonder why I spent so long lugging my course work round on floppies. Great bit of kit

GANDALF <|:-)> 23:54 25 Jun 04

I use a 128Mb drive that is part of a watch; excellent. I have a feeling that they are all the same in quality. You can get ones that have encryption programmes as well and this is worth thinking about. If you have a digital camera you can use the cards as a flash drive also ;-)) There are some 4Gb ones for sale in the States at present but I've not seen them here.

G

Sans le Sou 09:19 26 Jun 04

The 2gig ones are nearly £400, I think most people will not need more than 256 Mb or smaller.

powerless 09:38 26 Jun 04

I've had mine for 3 years.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…