usb pendrive problems

firenza 00:51 27 Jan 05

When I plug my usb pendrive into usb port computer hangs. If I go 'ctl'+'alt'+'del' it tells me prog.'MSQSRV32' not responding. only way out is to end task. After this if I go to 'device manager' the icon for pendrive has red X on it and properties tell me windows has had trouble accessing mass storage device. I am running windows 98se and processor is a pentium MMX.
Does anyone out there have a fix for this problem.
I have also re-installed the drivers and problem persists.

georgemac © 07:57 27 Jan 05

it looks like a driver problem, I have never seen anything in device manager with a red x, usually only a yellow conflict sign.

What type of pendrive is it, and where did you buy it?

the only thing I can think of is to run the system file checker, put the w98 cd in the drive, click start, run and type sfc and allow it to replace any corrupted files from the cd.

jack 09:17 27 Jan 05

Try the manufacturers Web site for a driver up date.
98se does need a driver

Diemmess 09:28 27 Jan 05

Quoting hillbilly in another (current) thread-

"I have a memory stick that is USB 2.0 and laptops and PC's that only have USB1.0 they don't like it!"

When I bought mine a couple of years ago for Win98SE I didn't have such an option. Even so It may be solved by ensuring you have the correct driver, loaded, and the PC running BEFORE you plug the pen in.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:28 27 Jan 05

It stands for (Windows 32bit message server)and performs a number of functions, one of the other common occurences of this error message is when your CD Rom has trouble reading a CD and stops responding, anyway back to your problem this is almost certainly caused by power management, disable power management and the problem should go away.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…